COUNCIL OF THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY OF THE REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN
- To manage the activities of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Tajikistan in the period between congresses (5 years), the Congress elects the Council. The number of elected members of the Council is determined by the Congress. The Council includes ex officio Chairmen and Deputy Chairmen. Representatives of the Central Office of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Tajikistan, the regional CCI offices and from the members of the Chamber can be elected to the Council.
- The Council of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Tajikistan is headed by the Chairman of the Council, who is the Chairman of the Chamber. The Council functions in accordance with the Regulations adopted by the Council.
- The Council members operate on a voluntary basis. At the same time, the Council may decide to reimburse the members of the Council for expenses related to their participation in the work of the Council.
- The Council of the Chamber:
- determines the main directions, priorities and forms of practical activities of the Chamber in the implementation of its statutory tasks;
- elects the Presidium from the members of the Council;
- determines the relations with business structures that interact with the Chamber;
- convenes regular and extraordinary Congresses of the Chamber;
- elects new members of the Audit Commission of the Chamber in place of the retired members for a term until the next Congress of the Chamber;
- for a term before the next Congress of the Chamber of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Tajikistan, elects new Chairman, new members of the Council, while the composition of the Council cannot be renewed by more than 1/3;
- decides other issues related to the Chamber’s activities and proposed for consideration by the Congress, Chairman, Presidium, Audit Commission and members of the Chamber;
- determines the procedure for admission to membership of the Chamber and termination of membership;
- determines the amount of membership fees and procedure for paying;
- determines the procedure for electing delegates to the Congress of the Chamber, establishes the norms of representation;
- by the decision of the Council, members of the Presidium who, without good reason, did not participate in the work of the Presidium, have lost contact with the organizations they presented at the time of election, or who performed other actions incompatible with the principles of the Chamber’s activities, may be excluded from the Presidium. The Council of the Chamber elects new members to replace them.
- Meetings of the Council are convened by the Chairman of the Chamber as necessary, but at least once a year.
Extraordinary meetings of the Council may be convened at the request of the Audit Commission or the 1/3 of the Chamber members.
- Council meetings are considered plenipotentiary if more than half of the Council is present. Decisions of the Council are taken by open voting by a simple majority of votes of the present Council members and take effect immediately, unless otherwise specified in the decision.
By the decision of the Council, those not participating in the Council’s work without good reason, having lost contact with the organizations that they represented at the time of election, or who committed other actions incompatible with the Chamber’s principles, can be excluded from the Council. The Council co-opts new members to replace them until the next Congress.